Hypoxic Environmental (Full Climate) Chambers
Hypoxic Environmental (full climate) Chambers
Designed for research, military training centers, universities, sports teams and mountaineers.
- Chamber Small: L x W x H = 3 x 2 x 2.5 m, Temperature range: -20 to +40 °C or -40 to +40°C
- Chamber Large: L x W x H = 4 x 3 x 3 m, Temperature range: -20 to +40 °C or -40 to +40 °C
- Lighting and two windows per chamber are included
- Number of persons in chambers: 1 person in small chamber, 2 persons in large chamber
- Activity of persons: Exercise
- Applications / system run-time appr. 5-6 hrs. / day
- Athletic equipment inside environmental chamber: mostly treadmill (1 x)
- Hypoxic air supply: up to 500 lpm / small chamber and up to 1,000 lpm / large chamber
- Simulated Altitude: from 0 to 9000 meters (higher altitudes available)
- Special sizing of environmental chambers available
The environmental chamber is made of a metal (galvanized & coated or stainless) wall / ceiling system with PU-foam insulation. Within the chamber, a ceiling plenum (height appr. 500 mm) will house the fan-coil unit within. Air is recirculated through the fan-coil unit into a penetrated-wall plenum, from where it is re-introduced into the chamber at a very low velocity (appr. 0.2 m/s) to avoid draft.
The refrigeration unit / hydraulic package is placed outside of the chamber, incl. all controls and safety components. Depending on project requirements, the unit can be placed directly adjacent to the environmental chamber (additional sound insulation may be necessary), in an equipment room in the vicinity of the chamber or at the outdoors (incl. a weather-proof enclosure). Condensing heat is removed by an air-cooled heat exchanger located at the outdoors.
The environmental simulation system is controlled by a control system, with the operator panel mounted either directly to the electrical controls cabinet or, independently, at the chambers outer wall. Remote control can be set-up through application software.