7 September 2021
Hypoxic Training supporting medical treatment of Covid 19
Within the last 20 months more than 210 Million people have been infected by Covid-19 worldwide. Approximately 4 million Germans have been infected with the following attributes: 80 % developing mildly, 14 % serious and 5 % life-threatening symptoms.
There have been an estimated 92,000 Germans who have died of the Corona virus. Symptoms range from coughing, fever, head cold, loss of olfactory sense, pneumonia, venal thrombosis, breathlessness, cardiopulmonary, hypertension and many others. In most cases patients experience extreme exhaustion and fatigue. Covid 19 can manifest in different ways, not only in the lungs but also in other major body systems (coronary, neurological and Inflammation systems).
Many individuals experience Long Covid or Post Covid Syndrome. 10% - 20 % of Covid Patients experience symptoms longer than one month and 2% greater than 12 weeks. Symptoms can range from very serious damages to the lung, inflammation reactions, and alteration in different organs, breathlessness, fatigue syndrome and neurological obstruction.
- Treatment typically includes use of systemic corticosteroids, anticoagulants, high flow nasal oxygen and regular exercise is generally recommended to accelerate recovery. (1)
- The scientific community has started to investigate the role of Mitochondria in chronic fatigue patients. In particular, in Long Covid cases and its role on the immune- system. (2)
- Comprehensive academic studies give evidence of the positive impact of hypoxic training in supporting medical treatment of illnesses which are also connected with Covid19 and Long Covid. (3)
- Intermittent Hypoxia (ICH) is a beneficiary therapeutic tool which can be applied to support traditional clinical pharmacological arterial hypertension. (4)
- Sleeping under Hypoxia according to the theory „Sleep high - train low“ activates erythropoiesis, stabilizes the increase of red blood cells thus increasing the capacity of transporting oxygen in blood. (5)
- Hypoxic training increases blood circulation thus activating endothelium of blood vessels, enhancing NO synthesis and is decisive for building new blood vessels; Vaskulogenese and elevation of capillarisation starts regeneration of blood vessels by discharging VEGF. (6)
- IHT (Intermittent Hypoxic Training) appears to induce changes within mitochondria which increases the O2 utilization efficiency of ATP production IHT increases exercise tolerance, hypoxic ventilatory response, hematocrit and blood hemoglobin content; dampens exercise -induced tachycardia. (7)
- It has become theoretically clear that intermittent hypoxia, even when short lasting can subsequently modify respiratory and cardiovascular functions. (8)
The aforementioned medical studies are only a few examples of the many positive effects that Hypoxic Training can offer for supporting medical treatment of Covid 19 and Long/Post Covid.
- Body needs trainings stimuli for positive changes, ZEIT Docor Extra,S14
- web Süddeutsche Zeitung 09.08.21,“ Mitochondrien steuern das Immunsystem…..“
- Medic. Library Hypoxico
- IH beneficial either detrimental consequences for respiration and hemodynamics, Janus Kowalski et al, National research institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases. Hypoxie und Ventilation, Prof. Dr. med Hermann Buhl, Normobare Hypoxie vom Höhentraining zur Therapieform
- Blut-Erythropoese-Blutzellen, Prof. Dr. med Hermann Buhl, Normobare Hypoxie vom Höhentraining zur Therapieform
- Blutgefäße und Durchblutung, Prof. Dr. med Hermann Buhl, Normobare Hypoxie vom Höhentraining zur Therapieform
- Intermittent Hypoxia: Causes of or Therapy for Systemic Hypertension, Tatiana Serebovskaya et.al, Bogomoletz Institue of Physiology, Kiev Ukraine
- Intermittent Hypoxia: beneficial either detrimental consequences for respiration and hemodynamics, Janusz Kowalsky et al National Institue of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Warsaw